Prof. Dr. Zuhal Baltaş and Prof. Dr. Acar Baltaş, are the pioneers in application of industrial and organizational psychology in Turkish business life, assisting the productivity and health of individuals and organizations.
Prof. Dr. Zuhal Baltaş has transferred her studies she has done in Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa Department of Medicine - Public Health, on improving health, productivity and psychological wellbeing to the business world.
Prof. Dr. Acar Baltaş pioneered in neuropsychology studies in Turkey, in Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa Department of Medicine – Neurology, and associated his scientific studies with the needs of the corporate world.
With groundbreaking seminars starting in 1980's, they have developed and implemented unique solutions based on the contemporary knowledge on the science of psychology, harmonizing them with the values of Turkish culture. To be able to reach public at large, they have established Baltaş Group in 1983.
- 1983 – Stress, productive and healthy workplace concept has been introduced to business life.
- 1986 – The first Turkish copyrighted material on stress, “Stress and Coping Methods” book has been published by Prof. Dr. Zuhal-Acar Baltaş.
- 1989 – Body language, as an element of communication, has been introduced to Turkey.
- 1992 - The first Turkish copyrighted material, “Body Language” book has been published by Prof. Dr. Zuhal-Acar Baltaş.
- 1994 – Matrix type reorganizations have been established, bringing a fundamental change to management mentality
- 1998 – Pioneering studies are made in order to evaluate and assess training quality and effectiveness.
- 1999 – “Psychology and Corporate Life - Tuesday Meetings”, creating an agenda in the Turkish business life, has started.
- 2000 – Baltaş-Eksen Seçme Yerleştirme ve Organizasyon Şirketi has been established, with the motto "right person for the right job", to provide assessment services.
- 2000 – KAYNAK magazine, focusing on people and change through scientific knowledge, has started its journey aiming to share contemporary knowledge with the business world.
- 2001 – Partnership has been established with the world leader in assessment and psychometric evaluation, Hogan Assessment Systems. The psychometric tools are adapted to Turkey.
- 2004 – Another first has been achieved in Turkish adult education and learning arena, by establishing a business partnership with Celemi Business Simulations, a leading company reaching over 5 million attendees worldwide.
- 2008 – Balta became the Turkish representatives of World Business Forum, a meeting that is held every year in New York, bringing together the CEO’s who lead global economy, politicians who lead global politics and academicians who lay out groundbreaking theories.
- 2009 – Cultural Transformation Tool (CTT) in corporation with Barrett Values Center, was introduced, measuring the impact of values on corporate productivity and transformation.
- 2011- “Digital Economy Summit” has been done for the first time, aiming to change human habits and ways of living.
- 2013 – A conference proceeding on “entrepreneurial personality traits” has been presented at the “8th European Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship”, becoming a milestone in measuring competencies on innovation in Turkish market.
- 2014 – In the annual congress on European Health Psychology, the academic studies made on the perceived level of stress and strategies on emotion regulation. Baltaş “stress management” training has been updated with the most recent scientific knowledge.
- 2015 – One of the leading works in Turkey on behavioral economics written by Prof. Dr. Acar Baltaş, “why do intelligent people give wrong decisions?” book has been published.
- 2016 – The proceedings of the academic work on “personal and corporate values of Turkish employees and the value-behavior incongruence” has been presented in “international workgroup on organizational and corporate values”
- 2017 – “Nudge Network”, the first “nudge” community has been established under the leadership of Prof. Dr. Zuhal Baltaş, making use of the nudge concept as an innovative means of designing behavior change.
- 2018 – “Leadership as a Journey” book by Prof. Dr. Acar Baltaş has been published, tracing the footprints of contemporary concepts of leadership though an exploration journey.
- 2019 – “My First Job” book written by Prof. Dr. Acar Baltaş and psychologist Handan Odaman Uşaklıgil, exporing fort he first time through real life stories, the meaningful impact of “early age first job experiences” over ambition and self-sufficiency